Overheard in an audition waiting room today:
- “UGH, my voice is so SCRATCHY today.”
- “It’s really going around, half the cast of the show I’m doing right now is sick.”
- “I can NOT sing before noon, my sinuses are so junky!”
- “Yeah, allergies are really bad this season too.”
- “I’ve been waiting two years for this, and of course I have a SINUS INFECTION. I’m on ANTIBIOTICS!”
Sorry folks, the pity train has left the station. If you want to play respiratory-disease one-upsmanship, this is one diva you do not want to engage.